Contents: Honey Garlic Chicken 200gr, Apple Slices 100gr, Sweet and Salty Almonds 50gr, Hamburger Bun, Fortified Creamy Peanut Butter, Strawberry Jam, Wunderbar, Ice sports drink x 2
Tic Tacs, Tabasco, Beverage Bag, Matches, Nescafe coffee, compressed tablet napkin, large paper napkin, spork.
Heating up the contents - No FRH is provided to the main meal pouch can be heated in a mess kit/tin (boiled in the bag), used with another FRH, contents heated on a stove or fire, or eaten cold.
Honey Garlic Chicken 200gr - we were pretty hyped for this new main and honestly it was a let down.
- Very watery, more like chicken stew
- Same cooked chicken as any US/Canada MRE, very chewy
- Potatoes was an odd choice, did not seem to fit
- There was a sort of strange artificial honey flavor but it wasn't nice
Hamburger Bun - been an IMP standard for years. We made a PB and J hamburger sand which. Basic but very good. Better PB than USA MREs.
Wunderbar - the best part of this MRE. It's a Butterfinger wrapped in a Baby Ruth. Very very good! Wish they were in the US!
Held up great in the hot temps.
Apple Slices - Just OK. Basically shelf stable McDonald's apples.
Small portion, not much flavor. Fruit is always welcome though.
Almonds - Basic but good. Interesting flavor of salt, soy and sugar coating almost like Cracker Jacks.
Ice Sports Drink - Like blue PowerAde but not as sweet. Good.
Beverage bag -
- great design for hot or cold drinks.
- Very strong and can be reused.
- Very good gusset lets you set it down to pour.
New Bag Design -
- long needed change from paper bag.
- Nice zip-loc seal can be resealed.
- fully waterproof, very strong unlike the old bag