Contents: Beef Goulash with buckwheat and mushrooms 380gr, raisins and dried cranberries, roasted lentils, rye bread, chocolate bar.
2 x Sugar 20gr, 3 x instant coffee, Ceylon Tea, chewing gum, 3 x napkins/tissues, wet wipes, hand disinfectant gel, compostable wooden spoon, information sheet.
- Huge main providing over 500 calories almost 2x a US MRE main.
- 30% beef which is unheard of in most MREs.
- Not soupy, mild beef flavor with hint of tomato.
- Very balanced with 12% mushrooms a nice touch.
- Wooden spoon held up very well, worked great.
Rye Bread - this is unique to Latvia. Vacuum sealed fresh bread. Rich malty flavor, two thick slices. No spread is provided which was odd.
- Protein flour added
- Good to -4 F and 95 F
- A marvel of food science with a 3 year shelf life
Roasted Lentils - also unique to Latvia.
- One of the few legumes in any MRE in the world
- High quality, roasted until split
- Slightly peppery
- High fiber (11 gr), high protein (13gr)
Raisin and Cranberries - pretty standard but very flavorful. A nice natural snack in contrast to most other MREs.
Chocolate Bar - 60% cocoa, standard but good. Not too sweet or bitter.