The secret of overpriced commercial freeze-dried meals.
Fact: Military feeding products (MREs, rations etc.) are more efficient and cost effective than commercial freeze dried meals like Mountain House, Backpacker’s Pantry, Peak, etc.
Example A – Calories and nutrition
3 x Mountain House meals per day = 600 calories x 3= 1,800 calories total
- This is below the 2,000-calorie minimum recommended daily value for adult per FDA.
- This is DANGEROUSLY low for outdoor activities.
- Hiking, biking, climbing, hunting, etc. can burn 3,000 to 4,000 calories per day.
reduced calories = reduced energy, dangerous weight loss, reduced muscle recovery, brain fog, cramping, etc.
Solution: USA military Meal, Cold Weather (MCW) contains military grade Mountain House freeze dried meals.
Calories: 2 x MCWs per day = 3,060 calories total
MCWs provide everything needed for sufficient nutrition during strenuous activities.
MCWs also include critical components.
- electrolyte drinks
- toilet paper
Example B - Cost
Mountain House meals x 3 per day = $11.50 x 3 = $34.50 per day
$34.50 per day for NOT enough calories or nutrition.
MCWs x 2 = $16.66 x 2 = $33.32 per day
- Proper nutrition
- more food
- more useful items
- very light and waterproof package
- LESS than the price of commercial Mountain House meals.